Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Review: Felix (The Ninth Inning #1) by Lindsay Paige and Mary Smith

Felix (The Ninth Inning #1)  
Felix (The Ninth Inning #1) by Lindsay Paige and Mary Smith
Release Date: September 25, 2015
Genres: New Adult, Romance
Pages: 195
Source: E-Book, ARC
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

 Goodreads Description:
The Ninth Inning series presents Memphis Angels' pitcher, Felix Hernandez.

Felix Hernandez's life is baseball, baseball, baseball, and then his family. He rarely remembers anything that doesn't concern the game. He's never had a good enough reason to reprioritize his life or change his ways.

Relying on her sisters most of the time, Abigail Harris is trying to put her life in order. She's now a graduate student and living on her own. It's not until Felix deems her his lucky charm that her life begins to change. Now, Abigail isn't sure if she should be focusing on her happiness or the professional baseball player.

Can the two handle any fastballs that come their way or will they strike out under pressure?
 


Notes about the book:
This is the first book in a two-part series. The series is split into seasons. I would say that the books could be read as stand-alones. Although, reading them all helps you to get all the background information.

This books is not meant for anyone under 18 as it does contain mild sex scenes.

Book Quote:
“Yeah. Do you run?”
“Only if zombies are chasing me or if I’m trying to catch Daryl Dixon.”
I chuckle. “Well, that makes sense, but your odds would be better if you ran regularly, you know.”

My Review
I read this book in one day. It's very rare that I read an entire book in a day.

Thank you Lindsay for the opportunity to read this ARC for my honest review.

I loved the relationships between all the characters in this book! If I didn’t have a husband and son at home that I had to cook dinner for, I would have read it in one sitting. The characters are so fun-loving that I found myself grinning to myself throughout the book. I loved the witty comebacks and made notes of several favorite quotes.

Abby has a great relationship with her sisters. Felix has a good relationship with his family as well. Then when you combine the two families, it gets even better.

I’m a big baseball fan and am always wondering about the personal lives of the players. This book gave me a good insight into what a baseball player’s life could be like. I have no clue how accurate it is. But that’s the beauty of fiction. The author makes up the story and in this case I thoroughly enjoyed the story!

 Check out Lindsay's website to read excerpts from the book at http://authorlindsaypaige.blogspot.com/ and you can connect with Mary at http://www.authormarysmith.blogspot.com/.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment