Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Review: Give Me Love by Kate McCarthy

Give Me Love (Give Me, #1)
Give Me Love (Give Me #1) by Kate McCarthy
Release Date: March 15, 2013
Genres: New Adult, Romance
Pages:328
Source: E-Book
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
Evie Jamieson, a former wild child, is not only a headstrong, smart-mouthed trouble magnet, she is also a lead singer with a plan. That plan involves relocating her band, including her two best friends guitarist Henry and band manager Mac, to Sydney to kick off their dreams of hitting the big time.

Jared Valentine is the older brother of Evie's best friend Mac and also the man determined to make Evie his. They strike up a long distance friendship which suits Evie because she's determined to avoid the distraction of love, not only because it doesn't fit in with her plan but because twice in the past it has left her for dead. Moving to Sydney however, has put her directly in Jared's path and he has decided it's the perfect opportunity to make his play.

Unfortunately Jared, co-owner in a business that 'consults' in dangerous hostage and kidnapping situations, makes an enemy who's determined to enact revenge. When this enemy puts Evie in his sights, Jared not only has a fight on his hands to make her his own, but also to keep her alive.

Is accepting the love he's so desperate to give worth the risk to both her heart...and her life?


Notes about the book:
I read this book in July 2014 and wrote the following review for Goodreads. 
 
Since then, two more books have been released in this series. I've yet to read either.

This books is not meant for anyone under 18 as it does contain mild sex scenes.

As of the posting of this review, this book was free for Kindle and Nook. Check out the links below.

Book Quote:
“I see you two together. I see you look at him and him look at you, and it's like...that's how it's supposed to be. You both share a joy of simply being in the same room as the other. Two people who can be loved just for being who they are is a special thing, honey, and I see that potential in the two of you.”

My Review

This was the first book by Kate McCarthy that I’d read. I LOVED this book. It is now one of my favorites. I love when a book includes danger and romance.

The main characters, Jared and Evie, were each strong people and people that I could connect with. At first I wished the story would speed up and get around to their relationship. Instead we were treated to a slow build of their relationship via many text messages. Looking back at it, I really do like this approach. It was like we were actually there with them. I also liked that they were able to show their anger and that they walked away angry at times. It made it seem more real.

The supporting characters were lovable as well. I’m glad to see that they are getting their spotlight in future books in this series. I only hope there are more books to spotlight the other characters – Mac, Henry, Jake to mention a few. I loved the close relationship between Evie and Henry and Mac. The other three members of the band also had Evie’s back.

 I can’t wait to read the other books in the series!
You can connect with the author at http://katemccarthy.net/ or at her Facebook page 

Goodreads/Amazon/B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment