Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Review: Sins of the Father (Jesus Freaks #1) by Andrea Randall

Sins of the Father (Jesus Freaks, #1)


Sins of the Father (Jesus Freaks #1) by Andrea Randall
Release Date: September 12, 2014
Genres: New Adult
Pages:290
Source: E-Book
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

 Goodreads Description:
Kennedy Sawyer is the valedictorian of her upper middle class, liberal high school.

Roland Abbot is the charismatic, attractive televangelist from New Life Church with a dark past and an illegitimate child.

Ignoring the cautions of her mother and the confusion of her Ivy League-bound friends, Kennedy enrolls at the conservative Christian Carter University where her sights are set on Roland Abbot—her birth father.

Kennedy’s intentions are to learn more about her father than the Bible. However, roommates who are quick to evangelize to strangers, an RA who seems to be hiding something, and friends in the most unlikely places challenge everything she’s ever held as true in the raging battle of us vs. them.
 


Notes about the book:
This is the first book in a series.Book 2 has been released and book 3 is currently being written last I heard. 

This book does contain strong religious beliefs. But I don't think that should hinder your enjoyment of the book. I'm not a religious person at all and I thoroughly enjoyed this book.



My Review
I started reading this while on a long car ride. I liked the main character Kennedy right away. However, I did have my doubts about being able to stick with the book due to the highly religious nature of the book. I stopped reading after getting home and life got busy. I picked it back up again while on another car ride (shorter this time) and got hooked with the introduction of Matt at around 80%. It was at this time that I also felt that Kennedy finally started being honest with herself and those around her. Of course, she didn't have much choice but to be honest. But I won't go into that so that I can avoid spoilers.

Until this point I was just going through the motions to finish the book. But once the action of the book started to pick up it became a book that I was reluctant to put down. I actually considered finishing the book while attending a college basketball game.

I have to say that the abrupt ending really surprised me and a swear word did escape my mouth. I was away from home and my WiFi all day and kept trying to find a free WiFi location to download the next book to my Kindle. I’ve since done that and devoured it as well. I’m eagerly awaiting the third book in the series.

You can connect with the author at her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAndreaRandall/ or at her website http://www.andrearandall.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment