Friday, November 13, 2015

The Friday 56 Week #1



The Friday 56 is a meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*It's that simple.


My post this week is from page 228 (which is at 56%) of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I didn't see any good quotes on page 56 (that's so early for this book). So I'm improvising.

The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) Okay. I'm ready -- Gansey's voice caught, just a little. Blue, kiss me.

Shaken, Blue opened her eyes for real, and now she saw the darkness of the cavity around her and smelled the dark, rotten scent of the tree again. Her guts were twisted with the ghostly grief and desire she'd felt in the vision. She was sick and embarrassed, and when she stepped out of the tree, she couldn't look at Gansey.

"Well?" Gansey asked.

She said, "It's . . . something."

I will have a review eventually. I'm liking this book, but am just having difficulty sticking with it. I think it may have to do with the fact it's an actual physical book. I think if it were on my Kindle I may have already finished it. Not sure.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this one, but like you, I had a bit of a slow time getting into it. I thought it ended up being pretty enjoyable though, so I hope you end up liking it too- and everyone says that it gets better as the series goes on, so fingers crossed :D
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really think its the book. I just seem to be in a reading slump where I can't stick with a book for long. I plan to stick with it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete