Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thursday Thoughts - New Releases Edition

I thought I’d share my thoughts on New Releases today. I’ve seen several posts gushing over the new releases for this month. I would gush too, but I tend not to read new releases. Here’s why. I didn’t read any new releases (or at least very few) last year or the year before. I could probably keep going. So that means that I’ve got all the previous years worth of releases to catch up on.

Now I may look at and add some new releases to my TBR pile. However, unless I find them on a super sale (or motivate my butt to go to the library) it will probably be years before I read them.

I tend not to buy too many full-priced books. I have two kids and am therefore broke. I just sent my oldest off to college this fall (seven hours from home I might add). My youngest is in 8th grade and it is because of him that I’ve recently started buying two gallons of milk at a time. How is it that I have fewer kids at home yet I am buying more groceries?

Anyway I thought I would show you some of the books I am looking forward to buying when I can find the money. The images below link to the Goodreads page.


Mindsurge (Mindspeak, #3)  Independence (Significance, #4)  Give Me Strength (Give Me, #2)

Secret North (Wishes, #4)  Lies in Blood (Dark Secrets, #4)  City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)

Off Limits (Off, #2)  Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)  Troubled Waters (The Lake #2) 
The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers, #2)

So it turns out they are all part of series I’ve started reading.

How do you feel about new releases? Do you have to read them? Or do you do like I do and go to the older books? Or do you read a mixture?

No comments:

Post a Comment