Sunday, February 21, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up & Stacking the Shelves #13

So I haven't been posting much. First I got sick. Then I got busy at work and home. Then I just didn't feel like posting. The books I would have felt like posting about had been read weeks ago and I'd read several others since them. However, I don't want to completely quit blogging. I'd still like a place that I can meet other bloggers and support the authors I love. So I've decided I'm not going to be making posts just to make a post. I'll post about the books I'm excited about when I feel like it. I'll also still be taking part in the challenges I signed up for. I really enjoy tracking my progress on them.

This week I finished reading book #10 in Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I really enjoy this series. I've got book 11 and book 15, but not the ones in between. So I'm not sure if I'll pick up book 11 next or move on to Game of Thrones. One night this week I started reading what I thought was book one in this series, but it turns out that it was a later book. I enjoyed what I read and was able to follow it (this genre is out of my usual read). So I'm actually looking forward to starting the actual book one.

[STSmall%255B4%255D.png]
Welcome to my post for this week’s Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews. This is where I can post about the books and book swag I received this week. I will be posting my list on Sundays and will include anything I received Sunday through Saturday. 

So last week I mentioned that I had some money on Amazon gift cards and couldn't bring myself to actually spend any of it when I had so many unread books on my Kindle. Well, I actually decided on a book last week to purchase. It's pictured below. This is a series I started years ago just before going on a family vacation to Disney World. I was so into the first book that I couldn't wait until I had some down time at the resort to read more. I think I even purchased book two while I was still on vacation. I think my husband got a little irritated with me that trip because I just couldn't put the book down. However, before I can start this book I purchased this week, I need to refresh my memory of what has happened so far in the series. So I've started to reread book one.  

PURCHASED
Lies in Blood (Dark Secrets, #4) 

FREEBIES

Hope you all have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm happy you're staying around, Carey. :D Blogging can end up being so demanding that it takes the fun out of it. I'm still trying to find a balance but I'm doing better.
    Nice haul of books - I'm going to check out Hudson series. If you enjoyed it that much, it must be good. Your comment about your husband getting irritated made me smile...I think I may have experienced that a time or two on vacations. ;)
    Enjoy your week and don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just got to make sure I keep it from taking the fun of it from me. If I don't want to blog, I'm not going to do it. I've just got to wait for the times when I do feel like blogging.

      Let me know if you get into the series. I checked and the first book is still free on Amazon. I have all the books from it to the one above. I can loan them to you if you want to read them.

      Delete