Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Review: Making Me Sane by Lindsay Paige



Making Me Sane (Sanity #2) by Lindsay Paige
Release Date: September 7, 2016
Genres: New Adult, Romance
Pages: 256
Source: E-Book, ARC


Goodreads Description:
He was my boyfriend. My rock. The love of my life.

She was my girlfriend. My love. My everything.

He abandoned me.

I walked away.

I hate him, but I love him.

I love her and have nothing but regret for letting her go.

He caused me so much pain; I just can't trust him.

I can't live without her. I will earn back her trust.

He's drawing me in but should I stay?

I'll fight for her with everything I have.

Is there a chance we can go from driving each other mad to making each other sane?


My Review

Thank you Lindsay for the opportunity to read this ARC for my honest review.

Lindsay’s books for me are all about the characters. I’m always drawn into the characters and end up falling in love with them. The characters are always one of if not the most important thing about a book for me. My favorite books are always the ones where I feel like the characters are friends. Then when I come to a second book I feel like I’m catching up with an old friend. Lindsay’s characters are like that for me.

So while this book is about a sad and depressing subject, I enjoy the characters. There is also a happy ending to this book. The whole book is about the character’s struggle to manage their depression and anxiety to the point they’re able to live a happy life. In the end, they get that.

This book picks up one year later from where Driving Me Mad left off and Trace is trying to win Brittany back. He comes up with some clever ideas - much better than the dates and sweet things to do I could think of. Brittany’s heart betrays her brain and she finds herself turning to Trace for comfort several times.

I absolutely loved the ending! In an effort to prevent spoilers, I will just say that it contained two things I love in a book. I also appreciated the fact that we got a full epilogue at the end of the book. A lot a books give you  short little epilogue that leave you with more questions. Not this one.

If the depression and anxiety don't hit too close to home for you and you like romance, I definitely recommend this book!

Check out Lindsay's website to read excerpts from the book at http://authorlindsaypaige.blogspot.com/.

Goodreads/Amazon

3 comments:

  1. It's always nice to get a second book that satisfies so well. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'll have to check out Lindsay Paige. I adore well developed characters! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Brandee! You definitely need to check Lindsay out!

      I promise, I'll make it over to your blog soon. I've been MIA a bit myself this summer.

      Delete
  2. Satisfying endings are the best!!! It sounds like the author really knows how to write. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete