Sunday, September 4, 2016

Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon 2016



I’m joining the Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon. I’m always interested in read-a-thons and this one is two weeks long. That means I will have ample opportunity to participate. I’m not sure yet what I’ll have going on in my personal life those weeks. But since it is 2 whole weeks I should be able to participate some. A lot of RATs I see are very short and almost require you to stay up all night to get anything accomplished in them. My old body just can’t do that any more.

I’m thinking I will have a weekly post where I update my progress throughout the week. Then on the weekends I might post a bit more just depending on how things are going and how the creative juices in my brain are flowing.

Here’s the list of books I’m going to try to read from.

These are books I went out and purchased because I found a good deal on them or they were part of a series I wanted to continue/finish. But then I’ve never made the time to actually read the books. So I’m making the time now.

Jesus Freaks: The Broken Ones by Andrea Randall
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Slammed by Colleen Hoover
Independence by Shelly Crane
Marrow by Tarryn Fisher

Then I have some books that I’ve won I would like to get around to reading.
The 5 Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson
Black Opal by Catie Rhodes
Cupcake Overload by Bethany Lopez (but I need to read 1st book)
East of Redemption by Molly E. Lee

Then there are several Freebies that I’ve really wanted to start, but just never did for some reason or other.
Bound by Duty by Stormy Smith
In the Hope of Memories by Olivia Rivers
With Visions of Red by Trisha Wolfe
Not Yet by Laura Ward
From Gods by Mary Ting
The Substitute by Denise Grover Swank
Power of the Matchmaker by various authors

I could actually go on and list many more. :) I will probably only actually finish a few of these books unless I really get into one and/or stay away from other distractions (tv, video games).
The RAT runs from September 12th through 26th. If you’d like to join in on the read-a-thon, you can find all the information at Wishful Endings blog. You don’t have to be a blogger to take part. You can join in the fun via Goodreads or comments. It should be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Love your TBR books and have fun reading them!! I hope you enjoy my book the 5 Stages of Falling in Love. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm looking forward to dedicating some time to reading.

      Delete
  2. Oh! You have to read Slammed! It's fantastic!! And I hope you get to With Visions of Red, because I really liked it. :) Good luck with the challenge, Carey. I'll have to think about participating in this as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throne of Glass! I'm not a super fan of Sarah J. Maas, at least not anymore, but Throne of Glass made me fall in love with her writing and the world of her characters. I hope you got to it during this readathon! And if not, I hope you love it when you try it :D

    - Eli @ The Silver Words
    #commenting365

    ReplyDelete